-->

Billboard Ads

Okay...I get questions all the time about what to read for certain things?  Pregnancy. Faith. Raising kids. Adoption. And lots of other random topics.  So, today, I'm sharing some of my favorite books that I always recommend when people email me.  And as always, if you want to contribute to my list, please do so in the comment section!  In my opinion, you just can't have too many book reviews.

And pssssst...don't forget about this...


If you missed Friday's giveaway, click here to enter to win!

And one more thing...


...our Every Day in May challenge started yesterday on Facebook.  Follow along here.  I'll recap them each Friday, but to see the daily do something good for yourself suggestion, see my FB page.


I mean...holy pregnancy :).  This is me with Kensington (and my oldest and dearest friend in the world KARA!!).

When people ask me what they should read when pregnant...I always say these two...


I mean to tell you...The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy says it like it is (which often isn't pretty!).  I read it with both pregnancies...and loved it both times!

And then if you like blunt, honest, shockingly truthful...

...you can count on Jenny McCarthy.  Belly Laughs is not only hysterical but helpful!  I found it to be very genuine and accurate (and slightly disgusting...but hey, pregnancy is sometimes yucky!).

So those are my two favorite pregnancy books.  Next up, child raising books...


Bringing Up Girls and/or Bringing Up Boys both by James Dobson
Pray Big For Your Child by Will Davis Jr.
The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic

...are all the ones I recommend over and over again.  There are a million great books on raising kiddos but I always come back to these.


If you need some good girl books that will encourage/inspire/uplift you (the ones you would recommend to your best girl friends)...here's what I love...

Let's All Be Brave by Annie Downs 
Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle
Nobody's Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle
A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by Sophie Hudson
Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist


If you need some books on faith...I have a big list :).

First of all, The One Year Bible is my favorite way to read through the Bible.  You can read it through in one year or inside, it explains how to read it through in two years.  Each day, the reading segment will only take you about 10 to 15 minutes if you're reading it through in one year.  I like the New Living Translation the best.  If you just want a good Bible to read (that's not broken down like the One Year Bible), then I love the Life Application Study Bible, also in the New Living Translation.

Okay, on to other faith-based books I love...

Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
The Insanity of God by Nik Ripken
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel
Radical by David Platt
God is Able by Priscilla Shirer
So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
The Battle Plan for Prayer by Stephen Kendrick


If you're looking for books on adoption...my very favorite is Forever Mom by Mary Ostyn.  I believe I read 11 books on adoption before I read this one...and then, I felt silly because I really only needed to read this one book.  This author knows her stuff and covers everything.  Love this book!

I get asked a lot what I read when I was struggling with infertility and honestly, I didn't read anything besides my Bible and different Bible studies I was doing at the time (I did a lot of Beth Moore studies during that time).  I wish I had a great recommendation for you, so if you have one, please share!  I get asked this question all the time!


Whew!  So, these are my favorite topical books.  Again, if I missed something, please let me know.

  Tomorrow, I'm going to talk about something I get asked about all the time.  It's currently trending as my number one question via email (and often comments too)...it's the one thing that makes people who know me go, huh?  Really?  She's so not techy at all?  This doesn't make sense?
Tomorrow, I'm talking about my Apple Watch :).
#imthelastpersonwhoshouldownone

Check this out for Meal Planning Monday...


...or this...


...or my other yummy recipes for the week!

You don't want to miss any of them!  Click here to see them all!

Happy Monday friends!
xo